Welcome to our new unit of study, Plants. Children move from exploring the properties and uses of water to observing and learning about different kinds of plants. Children will be provided with opportunities to learn about plants through hands-on explorations and observe plants in our community during neighborhood walks and in the classroom. Children will learn that plants are living things and will observe and identify the different parts of plants and their functions and why they are important. Children will learn that plants grow from a seed and need light and water to live.
Essential Question: How do plants grow and why are they important?
- • What are plants?
- • What do plants need and where do we find them?
- • What are some different kind of plants?
- • Why are plants important?
Books we will read:
- • Up in the Garden and and Down in the Dirt by Kate(Move picture up)
- • The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
- • An Orange in January by Dianna Hutts Aston
- • The Vegetables We Eat by Gail Gibbons
Students will explore and use different types
of seeds, flowers, and plants, to make different patterns, sort, count and put
them into groups from 1-10. Students will also(used again in the next sentence)
identify shapes and their properties. Students will
May is National Inventor’s Month! We believe that every child can unlock their creativity, stretch their imagination, dream up solutions and make their mark on the world!
Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World
Have You Thanked an Inventor Today? by Patrice McLaurin
Abby Invents Unbreakable Crayons by Arlyne Simon
Family Engagement Activities:
- When enjoying a meal with your children, discuss what kind of plant and what part of the plant you’re eating. (leaves, stem, flower, root or fruit)
- During walks in the park discuss the different kinds of plants you see, the parts of the plants and their functions.
- When eating foods or fruit with seeds, take the seeds out and examine the similarities and differences with your children.
During arrival & dismissal please adhere
to social distancing and keep 3ft apart.
Attendance is an important part of Pre-K. If your child is absent, please send in an absent note.
All visitors entering the school must have a valid ID, the Health Screening Badge and wear a mask to sign in with School Safety.
- • May 3rd - 7th: Techer Appreciation Week
- • May 13th - Eid al-Fitr: School Closed
- • May 25th - Chick Hatching Program ends
- • May 26th - Ajna Dance Residency Begins
- • Maay 28th - Last Day to Apply for 3K
- • May 31st - Memorial Day: School Closed
Webinars for Families of Students with Disabilities,
Beyond Access Series
May 5th: Moving from Early Intervention to Preschool
May 11th: Games to Support Literacy (Session 5)
May 18th: Taking Care of Yourself During the Pandemic
May 25th: “You Are Experts Too!” Parent Q&A
Stepping Up Ceremonies will be held
from June 15th – June 21st
More information to come!
NYC School Survey 2021: (May 10th to June 11th)
Families can take the survey online via computer or mobile device at NYCSchoolSurvey.org in any of the ten DOE supported languages.
For the survey codes families will enter “f” followed by their child’s nine-digit Student Identification (OSIS) Number. Note that “f” must be lowercase. Families can find their child’s Student Identification (OSIS) Number from their child’s classroom teacher.
Download the School Food App to view menus:
The app is available for Android and iOS
@ 25th STREET
May 3rd to May 7th
Teacher Appreication Week!
Eid al Fitr - School Closed
Chick Hatching Program Ends!
Anja Dance Residency Begins!
Memorial Day - School Closed
LITTLE BROOKLYN PRE-K CENTER
25TH STREET LOCATION
173-177 25th (Z076) Street
Brooklyn NY 11232
Teacher- Class 103
Assistant Teacher - Class 103
Teacher- Class 106
Assistant Teacher - Class 106
12:1:2 Teacher- Class 107
Ms. Claudia & Ms. Melissa
12:1:2 Assistant Teachers- Class 107
Duel Spanish Teacher- Class 205
Dual Spanish Assistant Teacher- Class 205
Visual Arts Teacher
Dual Chinese Teacher- Class 202
Dual Chinese Assistant Teacher- Class 202
Physical Therapist Provider