Stepping Up Ceremony
Due to space limitations, we can only accommodate
3 guests per student. Please RSVP to your classroom teacher by June 14th.
Themes & Activities
Explore Unit: Transformation
Essential Question: How do things Change?
- What changes around me?
• How can objects change?
• What kinds of change happen in nature?
• How will I continue to change and grow?
Children conclude the year by investigating how things change over time. This unit, like all Pre-K for All units, provides opportunities for children to observe objects and phenomena in their environment with increasing complexity. This final pre-K unit is an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills children learned in previous units, and to help children prepare for upcoming transitions.
Building Blocks: (Math)
- Addition: Children will continue to learn how to “add on to” one number to make another number just as you would in a simple arithmetic problem.
- Ordinal Numbers: Children will be provided with oppurtunities to use and understand numbers that do not emphasize how many, but instead, in what position, including the words, first, second, third, and up to tenth.
- Shape Composing: Children will continue to create different shapes by putting together smaller shapes.
Together with your child do a simple cooking activity at home and discuss how foods change when they make snacks or meals (e.g. adding milk to cereal, cooking carrots, or making pasta or rice). You can visit a park on your way home or look at trees in your neighborhood. What has changed about the trees since winter? If possible, draw a picture of what the tree looked like in the winter and what it looks like now that it is spring and compare the two.
TIPS FOR PARENTS
Ways to prepare your Child for KINDERGARTEN
- Read books everyday
- Develop fine motor skills: holding a pencil, coloring and cutting with scissors
- Talk about Social Skills: sharing, taking turns, positive words, talk about handling anger.
- Help your child take responsibility: clean up messes, dress themselves, get their own snacks
** visit or walk past the school your child will be attending in the fall and discuss what looks different and the same about their current program and their new school.
- The school day begins at 8:10am and ends at 2:30pm
**Doors open for Early Drop-Off at 7:40am
**Doors will open for dismissal at 2:20pm
- All visitors entering the school must have a valid ID and proceed to the main office.
- Attendance is an important part of Pre-K. If your child is absent, please send in an absent note.
- Please check your child’s RED communication folder daily for important notes from both the teachers and the school.
- Please check to make sure your child has an extra set of seasonal appropriate clothes. Also, provide appropriate footwear for dance and outdoor play.
- June 4th : Eid al-Fir - School Closed
- June 6th : Chancellor’s Conference Day-NO School
- June 7th : Parents as Learning Partners!
- June 11th : Clerical Day – NO School
- June 13th : PTC Whole Group Session
4:30 – 5:45PM Transitioning to Kindergarten
6:00 – 7:15 PM Getting Ready for Pre-K
- June 19th : Stepping Up Ceremony
- June 21st : Last day for AFTER-School
- June 26th : 11:30 AM Dismissal
LAST DAY of School