What’s Happening This Month…
All Aboard! Next stop is the “Transportation” Unit of Study!
The Pre-K students at The Little Brooklyn PREK Center will be exploring different modes of transportation as it relates to themselves and their community.
In the month of December during the Where We Live Unit of Study, the student’s explorations were focused on the buildings in their neighborhood and where people live. They also explored different types of animal shelters.
As they continue to explore these concepts in relation to themselves, families and friends, they will build upon them and expand to how they and the people in their community transport themselves between familiar buildings and throughout the city.
The focus will be:
How does my community use various modes of transportation?
This essential question will be answered through the exploration of the following focus questions:
- What kinds of transportation do I use and why?
- How are various modes of transportation similar and different?
- Who operates the vehicles in my community?
- How do we stay safe when using transportation?
Art with Ms. Clark
In Art we have been working with recycled materials (cardboard, egg cartons, paper tubes, etc.) to make 3D constructions including places where someone might live. In January we will be working with collage and construction materials to make vehicles as part of our “Transportation” unit.
Happy New Year!
- The Bus for Us by Suzanne Bloom
- What do Wheels Do All Day? by April Jones Prince
- Whose Vehicle Is This? by Sharon Katz Cooper
- Go! Go! Go! Stop! by Mericle Harper
- Have your child bring gloves, hats, scarves … to school to keep them warm during our outdoor play!
- Continue to practice zipping