What’s Happening This Month…
- Where do I live?
- Where do my family members live?
- Where do people and animals live?
- What types of homes do the people in my city (NYC) live in?
- How do people and animals make homes?
Art with Ms. Clark
In Art we have been learning about shapes using collage materials and shape stamps for printmaking. We are discovering that sometimes shapes can be placed together to make a person, a vehicle, or a pattern. In December, we will be working with 3D materials to make homes for people and animals using recycled materials as part of the classroom unit, "Where We Live."
Please consider donating small cardboard boxes for Art- sturdy, non-slick surfaces with minimal text and imagery are best. There will be a collection bin outside of the nurse's office.
- ABC Book of American Homes, by Michael Shoulders
- ABC NYC, by Joanna Dugan
- Animals at Home, by David Lock
- Annie and the Wild Animals, by Jan Brett
- Corduroy, by Don Freeman
- Dreaming Up: A Celebration of Building, by Christy Hale
- Please read to your child everyday.
- Pack a healthy lunch and snack.
- Check your child's mailbox daily.
- Practice zipping coats and jackets.