Dear Families, Welcome to Unit 2: Exploring our five senses
Students will investigate their five senses by exploring the everyday things around them. Students will engage in activities where they are to make predictions using their senses. These predictions will describe what they feel, hear and smell in order to describe. Students will continue to work together as they explore.
THEMES & ACTIVITIES
Explore Unit: My Five Senses
Focus Question: How do I use my five senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) to explore, investigate and understand the world around us?
In the next few weeks, we will be experimenting different textures, sounds, smells and the taste of numerous things. Students will focus on the different objects they see as they take a stroll for a sight walk and the things they hear as they go on a listening walk. Various projects at school will enable children to use and recognize their senses they are used on a daily basis.
Building Blocks (Math)
We will continue to work on counting to 10 with understanding and counting objects. We will learn and identify groups of up to 5 items, participate in rhythmic patterns and quickly recognize the number of objects in small groups.
TIP FOR PARENTS
Continue to read to your child daily as it makes a warm and loving time for you the two of you. Build your child's vocabulary by speaking about interesting words and objects.
- The school day begins at 8:10am and ends at 2:30pm.
**Doors open for Early Drop-Off at 7:40am
**Doors will open for dismissal at 2:20pm
- Attendance is an important part of Pre-K. If your child is absent, please send in an absent note.
- Please check your child’s folder daily for important notes from both the teachers and the school.
- Please send in any missing documents/supplies.
- All visitors entering the school must have a valid ID and proceed to the main office
- October 6th Parents as learning partners!
Please join us! Visit your child’s classroom and
partake in classroom activities from 8:10-9:00am
- Monday October 9th, No school in honor of
- October 31st is Costume Day – Please join us for a parade around the neighborhood. Details to follow.
• LUNCH MENU: